Nagpur ka famous street food tarri poha. Tarri poha is a popular breakfast option in Nagpur, Spicy and hot tarri served with delicious poha and sev garnished with onion and coriander leaves tastes so good. Do try this easy breakfast recipe at your home. Happy Cooking
Ingredients (for Tarri)
- 1 cup Black chickpea boiled (soak overnight boil adding 2cup of water and salt )
- 6-7 tbsp. Cooking Oil (according to you)
- 4-5 medium sized cup Chopped Onion
- 1tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 chopped green chili
- 1tsp.red chili (Kashmiri red chili)
- ½ tsp. Turmeric
- 1 tsp. Coriander
- 1tsp.Garam Masala/ Varhadi Masala
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander
Ingredients (for Poha)
- 3-4 tbsp. Cooking Oil (according to you)
- 2 cups Thick Poha
- 3-4 medium sized cup Chopped Onion
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ cup peas
- 2-3 tbsp. Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Salt (according to taste)
- 2-3 Green Chilies (slit)
- 7-8 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp rai(Mustard Seeds)
- ½ cup nylon sev
- Soak black chickpea overnight add water and salt to it and boil.
- In a pan add 6-7 tbsp. Oil, pinch of asafetida, cumin seeds when seeds splutter add ginger garlic paste mix it well.
- Add chopped onions and green chili when onion turns light pinkish add dry spices (red chili, turmeric, and coriander powder) mix all well and let it cook for minute.
- Add boiled chickpea with water mix well add 1tbsp.garam masala mix well add water if needed salt to taste.
- Let it cook for 5-10min.on low flame.
- When it gives a good boil add coriander leaves and close the flame.
- Method (Poha)
- Thoroughly wash poha with water.
- Leave it for 5-7min.until excess water is soaked.
- Heat the pan and add 2 tbsp. oil(according to you). Add mustard seeds. Once they crackle, add the curry leaves, green chilies, and onion. Stir them well. Leave it for minute or two add green peas.
- When veggies are cooked, add turmeric, stir them well after that add washed poha to the pan and stir it well add salt (according to taste).
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, for garnishing coriander leaves.
- Serve hot poha with tarri.
- Nagpur ka famous tarri poha.
- soak chickpea overnight
- Boiling chickpea add salt
- Serve hot